Large areas of housing/factories covered in tin will cause rain...

1. 28,393 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Large areas of housing/factories covered in tin will cause rain to stop!

Large areas like WA’s wheatbelt, will reduce spring rains ( especially if you happen to farm over the escarpment.

One thing that worries me, when I hear either side of the debate throw up region specific cases is that it shows A- they’re just cherry picking.
    B- they don’t have a clue how abstract our data is.

The complexity of this Little Rock’s weather is astonishing.

The posters opposed to the majority of scientists are mostly wrong!!

They think that scientists don’t change their minds!

Good scientists have an open mind.

Unfortunately most scientists rely on grants.

Anyone can say I’m ignorant and don’t have a clue, I’ll agree with most of you

The true science of climate will need a minimum of many more centuries of data before the scientists even come close to having enough information to be 75% sure.

I do know that large areas of ‘sort’ green vegetation / trees will receive more rain than a million acres of ripening wheat.

Is it burning fossil fuels or covering a massive area in a golden colour in spring that causes reduced rainfall in those areas?

Is it just in the lap of the gods (if you happen to believe in god/God’s ) or is it the result of large areas being manipulated by our farming practices?

A tax on wheat, barely and rape seed might be more prudent than a tax on carbon?

Just s few idle thoughts before I go to bed, I’m off over the contential shelf to catch lobster so our Chinese friends can feel good in their restaurant before walking out into the reality of dirty air.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.