SLX 3.85% $4.50 silex systems limited

You have lost the plot SK, knowing the present cost and sales of...

1. 20,266 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1791
    You have lost the plot SK, knowing the present cost and sales of the older substrates won't tell us how the new cells will fare or how much they will cost, I am thinking they will be cheaper? but how much by?

Well we won't know until they start to sell them, manufacturers will never tell you the cost of something unles they are compelled to, the new substrates will be cheaper and better, but the only real estimate of how well they are selling for and by how much? will be by the royalties that come our way.

These new substrates may be far far cheaper than those available now to build, but IQE won't be telling the world how much cheaper, they will sell them cheaper than the existing substrate, but it will be just enough to ensure they get the sales, but they wont be undercutting the profit margin by selling them dirt cheap, that would not be good business practise.

The reference to the Spectrolab cells used at Mildura was to just emphasise the cost of those older pure Germanium cells, yes we do know how much they cost don't we, because they are on the market, ours are not on the market yet as far as I know?

And just because something is cheaper does not mean that they will gain market share, they also have to be better, the end users will have to see some benefit in it for them as well.

People come here to read factual stuff, not guestimates based on non factual information, I try to paste links with information that support my argument, you should try doing that yourself, I just hope that people haven't been listening to your calculations based on thin air and then bought shares based on that? because it is just fanciful stuff, although having said that, they will more than likely do quite well by buying them, but for for all the wrong reasons if they went by your calculations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.50
Change
-0.180(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $1.067B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.80 $4.80 $4.50 $1.778M 386.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 37322 $4.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.51 3008 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.