GBI 0.00% 16.0¢ genera biosystems limited

TTHAgree that technically GBI is biotech but unlike alot in the...

1. 85 Posts.
    TTH

Agree that technically GBI is biotech but unlike alot in the sector importantly it is NOT drug developer biotech...the risks for GBI are far more quantifable and the prospects are also as they seem to be dealing with end customers (ie Sonic, Healthscope) than trying to rely on 3rd party distributors to sell product. The HPV testing volumes that these guys do are 'known' hence it is far easier to model projected sales/profitabilty.

In the end we have to make a judgement call about the competitiveness of Paptype versus what is currently out there and whether or not they can get GBI in a position to commercially supply it come early next year. From what they have done and are currently doing it looks like they have every chance of delivering on these fronts.

Finally yes while deemed to be 'biotech' the SP is sailing against some strong headwinds and until this goes back above issue momentum on the upside will be difficult.

That said once it does get above issue and all the stale investors out this (there are obvious non believers still in this stock from its pre IPO days) should be a very tight register as I imagine that all that would remain then would be in it for $1.50 to $2.00+ not $0.75.

I hear that the GBI CEO is in the US for the next 2 weeks, most likely meeting up with Sonic labs and maybe other potential path customers?

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.