GBI 0.00% 16.0¢ genera biosystems limited

presentation out today, page-8

1. 85 Posts.
    Red

Yes 2 years time and a 10 bagger would be very nice, unfortunately I don't have the same leverage as you being in prior to the IPO or investors coming in at current levels, for me I'll have to settle for a 7 bagger. Being balls in GBI this would nevertheless make me content!

I also hear that HPV testing in Germany is starting to get real traction being pioneered by Qiagen's test...very good for GBI as Germany is Sonic's strongest single country presence in their European operations with 2 new acquisitions announced in last month alone on top of their existing Schottdorf business.

Sonic also acquired businesses in Hawaii and Switzerland in last month...what a great partner for GBI...at the rate Sonic continue to acquire new businesses 500k HPV tests in 2009 may prove to be very conservative estimate as 500k tests was based upon Sonic HPV volumes (organic market growth) at end of 2007!

02/07/2008 Swiss acquisition
    30/06/2008 SHL TO ACQUIRE CLINICAL LABORATORIES OF HAWAII
    16/06/2008 SHL to acquire GLP Medical Group in Germany
    02/06/2008 SHL TO ACQUIRE THE LABOR 28 GROUP IN GERMANY
    03/01/2008 Sonic Healthcare makes further U.S Acquisitions
    02/01/2008 100% Ownership of the Schottdorf Group

HILDEN, germany, May 21 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --

- Research Supports Replacement of Pap With HPV Test as Front-line Screen

Long-term data from a study published in the International Journal of Cancer show that women screened only with a human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA test are half as likely to develop moderate to severe cervical disease over the next six years as those who get only conventional cytology (the Pap "smear"). The research followed nearly 3,000 women age 35 years and older, and assessed their HPV status using QIAGEN's digene(R) HPV Test - the only such test that is both CE-marked in Europe and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

"These results confirm that HPV DNA testing identifies more women with disease than the Pap," says Professor Jack Cuzick, lead author of the May 15 article and professor of epidemiology at the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, affiliated with Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry in London. "They add further support to the proposal to use HPV testing as the sole primary screen in women age 35 or older, when the risk of cervical cancer is highest."

Participants were recruited into the study from April 1994 to September 1997 at 40 different general-medicine practices in the United Kingdom. A colposcopy exam and biopsy were used to confirm or rule out the presence of cervical disease after each woman had both the HPV test and a conventional Pap. The sensitivity of the digene HPV Test was 96 percent for disease detected in the first year - substantially higher than the Pap's 82.4 percent. In addition to the HPV test's greater ability to accurately identify women with pre-cancerous cervical cells or cancer, its specificity (the likelihood that women with positive results actually have disease) was similar to that of the Pap.

Study results also showed that the women's risk of developing cervical abnormalities in the future were significantly less when they
    '/>"/>

SOURCE Qiagen N V

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.