CJO 0.00% 13.0¢ cerro resources nl

Refer to pg 13.Interesting to note that Goldcorp took over...

1. 224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Refer to pg 13.
    Interesting to note that Goldcorp took over Canplats which has a bit more tonnage than CJO and slightly better grade by comparison.
    CJO grade is 0.66g/t for gold and 13.6g/t for silver as compare to Canplats grade of 0.71g/t and 14.2g/t respectively.
    Goldcorp actually paid C$254m for the shares they do not already owned in Canplats, valuing the company at C$277m.
    The reported figure of C$238m was the first offer which Goldcorp eventually had to better when another competing offer came in.
    Would Goldcorp reject CJO whose mineral grades are just marginally less than Canplats?
    After all, they owned a bit more than 30% of the Cerro de Gallo mine.
    Maybe they are waiting for the feasibility report to make the final decision.
    It is most likely the feasibility reports will give better results than the scoping studies. They would have run more metallugical tests to improve recoveries etc.
    CJO current market cap of about $100m does not even consider the iron ore deposit of Mt Phil which I reckon would be in the order of 5-7 Mt roughly.
    Molymines has just started shipping their first load of iron ores to China last month.
    Their iron ore reserve currently is about the same order as CJO.
    Their molydbenum mine is facing some hiccup with financing from their major shareholder because of the high A$ etc.
    I believe their share price was given a boost because of their iron ore deposit.
    What is their current market cap? Over $400m.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CJO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.