3DP 2.08% 4.7¢ pointerra limited

Presentations/Webinars/Podcasts/Media, page-1251

1. 5,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2778
    Thanks for putting this up, equityinvestor.

Hope you don't mind me expanding on your bullet points. Thought it worthwhile for anyone who hasn't listened or doesn't have the time.

QUE: What does a company look like when it is in the right place at the right time?

There's no one answer to that. I would say that if you feel you are in the right place, the right time could often be 5 -10 times as long as you think it's going to take. One of the things we see with a lot of emerging companies is they underestimate the runway required to get noticed and for someone to buy their product.

Just because you have a good product doesn't mean it will happen in the time you imagine. And they also underestimate things like contracting and everything else. So it you are in the right place, and you believe you are in the right position, whatever time you think it will take, quadruple it.

And don't get disheartened.

I think that's the problem with a few people. They are in the right place, they just underestimate how long it will take and then get disheartened, and then move on and lose that opportunity. So patience would be the number one thing.

The second thing is if you really believe inn your products, stick to your guns. Because a lot of companies see someone emerging and think, we will buy all this for nothing, and that's really a road to nowhere.

So I think if you are lucky and in the right place, time and sticking to your guns are two very important ingredients.

On Moats and Competitive Advantage.

The core foundation is the technology and that is coupled with a philosophy of how to do things. They go hand-in-hand. The platform itself is an enabler. As regards software, there's the quick and the dead and you don't want to be dead. You can't sit back and say, well I've arrived, and this is the spot and that's good enough, because you'll get run over before you turn around.

And you don't need to throw people at these things because you reach a point where the more people you have you actually go backwards.

So being able to grow it and scale it is incredibly important.

That's manifest in our implementations - that we can take a large complex organisation and go live. So the technology has to be there, or you can't get the second part. You need the second part as well in terms of how you view development, how you view staying ahead of the market, and how you can successfully implement, because selling these things is one thing, but actually putting this in and supporting them and having a loyal client at the other end. That's the second step that takes time. It's never simple but it's much easier having reference-ability.

A Few Observations:

These comments apply equally to a company as to shareholders in that company, especially the time it takes, getting disheartened and losing the opportunity, and of course, patience.

Pointerra's platform is without a doubt, the enabler. As regards development, all anyone has to do is read the Q updates to see how much time and effort (and money) is spent in continual development and product improvement, and staying ahead of the market. Not development for the sake of it, but in direct response to specific customer feedback and requirements. Can you do this for us? Yes, we can.

This leads directly to implementation, supporting customers - FPL having people on the ground during the recent Florida hurricane season with outstanding success - growth, scale and ultimately reference-ability from loyal customers. All of which Pointerra is successfully doing. There is no greater proof of this than FPL referencing Pointerra into their parent company, NextEra. Or Jacobs into Divergent. Or the Tier 1 Defence contractor.

And to those agitating for the removal of Ian, that he has reached his use-by date and should be moved on - what, and miss the opportunity?

Don't think so.

If we're comparing Pointerra to other companies and management, I'd compare him to the likes of Sam Hupert. He is doing everything Sam has learned from experience that he should be doing, and more. And like Sam at a similar stage in his company's evolution and emergence onto the US and world stage, I'd suggest Ian Olsen as CEO of Pointerra is just getting started.

IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $37.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.7¢ 4.7¢ $6.422K 136.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 453584 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 767198 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.