President Trump Isn’t Impeached Until the House Tells the Senate, page-4

1. 6,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 252
    BY MORGAN CHALFANT

December 19, 2019 - 03:12 PM EST

thehill.com

What will happen Next , as the Democrats Clown Show , and the Circus continues to Boo Boo Boomerang !

How Panicked ate Democrats right now ...

Read :

Trump announces Van Drew will become a Republican in Oval Office meeting

President Trump met with Rep. Jefferson Van Drew (N.J.) at the White House on Thursday and announced that the Democrat would switch parties and become a Republican.

"Jeff will be joining the Republican Party," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday afternoon, after teasing a "very big announcement.

"Van Drew told Trump he has his "undying support.""I believe that this is just a better fit for me. This is who I am.

It's who I always was but there was more tolerance of moderate Democrats, Blue Dog Democrats or conservative Democrats.

And I think that's gone away," Van Drew said.

You have my undying support. Always," Van Drew told Trump.The president then endorsed Van Drew, shaking his hand. "I'm endorsing him, OK? We're endorsing him.

I can't speak for these two gentlemen, but I can say I'm endorsing him," Trump said, gesturing to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and Vice President Mike Pence, who joined him in the room.McCarthy and Pence also pledged their support for the new Republican.

Trump and Van Drew also were joined in the meeting by White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Ivanka Trump.

The meeting in the Oval Office came one day after the House voted nearly strictly around party lines to approve two articles of impeachment against Trump for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

Van Drew, who voted as a Democrat on Wednesday evening, was one of three Democrats who defected and voted against one or both of the articles.

Republicans were unanimous in opposition to impeachment, something Trump has cheered in the wake of the historic vote."We were very fortunate he voted our way yesterday," Trump said in the Oval Office on Thursday. "We have a very unified party.

" The Hill and other news outlets reported over the weekend that Van Drew was expected to switch parties and become a Republican.

The former dentist and state lawmaker representing South Jersey won his election last year in New Jersey's 2nd Congressional District by defeating former Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.