MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

pressure builds on evans shoal partners, page-2

1. 1,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    Hi Jx -

I believe all followers of Meo in these testing times appreciate the article ( which appeared on Weds )- which provides a beacon of hope that the long-envisioned Meo TS solution will ultimately prevail. The pressure in this region is surely building and as has been intimated in previous threads it may come down to Govt. pressure on all participants to sit down at the negotiating table and find a logical, financially acceptable and environmentally sustainable forward-thinking solution ( that Meo have been spruiking for years....)

Iam in his post on 30/12/10 titled Evans Shoal Development in his typically strategic and analytical overview stated;-

" MEO do have Blackwood but the prospect of an early gas feed from Evans Shoal would be extremely helpful in progressing the TS project.

Since the split of Timor Sea Petroleum in 2000, when Santos took over Evans Shoal leaving MEO with NT/P68 and Tassie Shoal, Santos have never been interested in the production of Methanol from the Evan's Shoal gas which is high in CO2.

This was a pity because the TSMP project was originally dependent on the ES gas to be a viable proposition. At the time MEO Australia (formerly ESP and Methanol Australia since the split) were left high and dry.

Perhaps we have turned full circle. I hope so.

Like I say, I will be watching development in the area very closely from here."

- Well we all know that Iam is indeed watching developments very closely and we are all the benefactors for the richer.

I myself would love to be privy to some of the contact that is surely going on b/w Meo and the Evans Shoal partners.....especially since Eni has lumbered into the equation! As noted in the article and something that we all know in life - nothing like a deadline to bring unfinished business to a conclusion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.