Preview: Sydney Swans v Fremantle, page-29

1. 3,846 Posts.
    Hi Goodie,

I agree with everything you say, almost everything maybe.

Ross needed to drop Hill, Pearce and Clarke for a week back mid season to shake them up a bit.

Not sure that it would change Pearce though, he is fairly small and light and gets thrown around/knocked off the ball too easily.

Pearce and Hill are long penetrating kicks and just about every time they use this skill we look dangerous. I wouldn't mind a dollar for every time Pearce has tried a 20-25m pass this year, which has gone over their head or landed on the ground in front of the leading player. Someone needs to tell him for gods sake!!! Kick it long, even if it is to space, we have fast dangerous small forwards down there!!!

I think you are too hard on Silvagni, he is all heart and gives his best, we have no-one else!!

Don't be surprised if Macca has played his last game for Freo, we can't rely on him coming back.

De Boer would have been OK yesterday in the conditions but I wouldn't play him on a fast dry track. He has not one good trick to his game, not fast, not a good mark, not a good kick, not good skill level overall. He is tough and fearless but that is not enough at this level.

In the centre is where we need to sort things out, seemed when it popped outside a bit yesterday, every time Sydney swept it away. Our guys all seemed to tight inside or defensive side. Too predictable and no advantage from Sandi.

Have to give Taberner another go next week.

Regards
    LD

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.