BTR 0.00% 1.8¢ brightstar resources limited

previous share price responses to news, page-32

1. 4,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1378
    Hey Brettlt

You hit the nail on the head.

By the way...I bought 71500 at 0.079 (average that day).

I was just discussing this topic with my wife yesterday evening. Theoretically I could have bought easily 10m of shares at 0.20....and could have avoided to wait 6 years more or less for "nothing".

That said and with 30 years of experience....I know one thing for sure: it is extemely rare the you find the perfect entry point.

When I heard the first time of BTR (AIM) the SP was above A$4...I waited then roughly 6 months before I bought the first shares and making 100% in 1 monht (discovery hole S36_001). Unfortunately I was "stupid" enough to buy more and therefore 50 % of my holdings is consisting of simply to expensive shares bought during a hype.

Well...meanwhile I am pretty relaxed. Why? First of all I think that BTR is still some kind of box of chocolates. You never really know what you get. It is somehow exciting to know that the next everything might chance. On the other hand, already years ago BTR had this blackbox/jackpot aura. More then other companys in my view.

I have to say that I envy a lot of those that have bought at 20 (by the way...I have also bought a few around 23 and "unfortunately" some hundred thousands the way down from 0.80 to 0.20 (average around 55 cents). However....meanwhile my position is substantial. That means that I am pretty cool when it comes to upside or downside swings. The involved amount are - as you may imagine - important...but only on the paper. 10 cents more ore less do not change my life.

So in my view and as I understand also in your view it is important here to believe in the story. I do...and I am still convinced that BTR will turn out to be one of the most interesting investments of this decade.

Maybe I am wrong maybe I am right. Who knows. One thing is for sure: Rome was not built in a day....and BTR will not hit the 3, 4 or 5 A$ within months (not impossible but quite improbable). We need another few years, a bit of luck and a positve environment.

On the other hand I do not believe that the 20 cents buyer will keep their shares till BTR will unfold its full potential. Maybe the one or other...but the waste majority will sell at A$1, or 1.50 or 2.....the latest. Just because they get nervous when they see the 500% of gain in their portfolio and they are afraid to loose again the money that they have made. It is also the power of the big numbers.

I have seen people buying Apple shares after the tech bubble at US$ 10 and below...guess what ? They realized their 200 and 300 and 400 % gains after a while just because they could not imagine that Apple might see "THE" turnaround of the industry (my wife - Apple/Mac fan - and to make it claer - she has not really a clue of investments) sold almost on the highs....just because she believed that Apple is a great company...and as everybody was talking of SP of above US$ 1000 she thought: mmmhhhh.....

So...I will wait and see what happens next exactly knowing that in the history of BTR 1 single drilling result might have a major impact on the SP. Also knowing exactly that BTR is in a completely different position then 6 years ago (even if the market cap at that time was 7 times higher or so).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $106.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $68.82K 3.984M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1033919 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 8730774 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.