CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

prey becomes predator. cnp buyback.

1. 1,107 Posts.

Shorter version of another thread

In the current environment, almost all corporate decisions will be greeted by a skeptical market, but remember it wasn't that long ago that every move made by Centro Properties, MFS, Allco and ABC Learning Centers was greeted with a positive share price and analyst response.

Unfortunately many people seem to think the right strategy is to buy assets when money is easy to get and earnings per share accretion is easy to create. As you can see from recent implosions that is not how to build a sustainable business model.

Excess volatility, particularly mass-attack shorting, eventually has an effect on both investor and corporate confidence. The volatility makes people freeze and debate the merits of decisions that make absolute economic and financial sense.

People start considering "what if” downside scenarios and corporate worry way too much about how the market will respond rather than if the idea is financially compelling. Trying to second-guess the knee-jerk market response is not how to run a company for the long term.

Right now is the time to embark on the true company maker transaction. Don't worry about what the market or analysts think in the short term. This is the time and I would love to see Centro stand up and buy their own shares. This is when you buy assets well: when prices are lower, competition for assets is lower and funding harder to get.

One thing you do know for certain about shorters is eventually they will have to buy back their shorts.

I this not the biggest opportunity to Centro to buy back shares at this price and lift the SP to the level the banks would see confidence in us or am I barking up the wrong tree?

What do you think? Discussion not criticism, there’s been enough of that today..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.