HIO 0.00% 2.4¢ hawsons iron ltd

@bobyyy1 - to respond to your question re price fluctuations, my...

1. 911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1002
    @bobyyy1 - to respond to your question re price fluctuations, my thoughts from memory are CAP/HIO was just starting to be taken notice of in July with the price increase to 20 cents and the directors used that opportunity to raise BFS funding at 15 cents per share. The share price then did the usual pull back to the capital raising price. Then, having seen how many shares Regal took up and having known that Regal had sold most of the shares they picked up earlier in the year, many thought "why buy now when I can wait for Regal to sell some more, or at least see what they are going to do". Then, with many thinking why buy now, those that were trading the share had stop losses triggered and sold. Thereby pushing the price back down to 7-8 cents. The declining iron ore price would not have helped and those that knew nothing about the project other than it was iron ore probably sold too.

Once it looked like the bottom was in at around 7-8 cents, many decided to top up a few more (myself included). The $200M funding announcement saw another spike in the share price, but then Regal sold into that buying and pushed it back down to around 13 cents (from memory). Whilst the share price has been climbing slowly since then on little news, word is starting to spread and more are becoming aware of HIO.

I think the share price has shown good resilience around the 19 to 22 cent mark given the shares that Regal are continuing to sell. I am fairly confident that that price range will be the current floor (like 7-8 cents was Sept/Oct last year). I think it will move up nicely from here when Regal stop selling or sell out - the latter being the better because people will no longer think "I can buy the low while Regal are selling". I think management also feel that Regal is the lead balloon on the share and they are updating the top 20 shareholders on the website on a regular basis to keep everyone informed of what Regal are doing since they fell below the 5% (but still 35M shares) and Regal no longer needs to inform the market of what they are doing . If you would like to check Regal selling and its impact on the share price, check out the charts posted in the Top 20 Shareholders thread and the Substantial Shareholder Notices from Regal which show the dates and amounts sold. My apologies if I have some timing wrong, just going from memory.

HIO's volatility is not a pump and dump. The share price is increasing because HIO awareness is increasing. Everyone wants a bargain and trying to get in at the lowest price. Once the price starts increasing, then fear of missing out kicks in and people buy at 15 cents because they were waiting for 12 cents but it only went down to 13 cents. Then, a few traders jump in and the price moves up nicely and quickly. However, the volatility back down is because a substantial shareholder (Regal) has been selling into price increases - and once they start selling, those trading parcels of shares also sell. Without that selling from Regal, the volatility would not have been as great.

As for whether the share price has been overdone (your question in your next post) - just come back to the fundamentals and potential - and then consider the lack of significant risks. Consider the quality of the posts on this thread and the number who has stated that it is undervalued with many doing different calculations or approaches but coming to the same answer.

Now consider how little market awareness HIO management has been doing. HIO's Twitter following are up from 100 mid last year to 180 xurrently compared to MGT with 2,783. HIO's linked in followers have also been increasing and at a faster rate than its Twitter followers increasing from 540 mid last year to 653 now - and I think LInkedin followers are probably more sophisticated than twitter followers. As word gets out and more people become aware of HIO and buy (look at@Tymmsy who posted earlier today that he bought more in his SMSF and his SMSF manager also bought for himself) - the low 20's could easily seem like an really good opportunity - your choice if you take it but I think these prices will only last while Regal are still selling and they can't keep selling forever..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $24.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.4¢ $4.588K 191.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 60204 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.