HIO 4.35% 2.4¢ hawsons iron ltd

Price and Chart HIO, page-6567

1. 926 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1017
    The most positive news about Hawsons I have heard in many months was actually announced by MGT today.

MGT have announced and non-binding memorandum of understanding with Flinders Ports. I see this as a positive for Hawsons for two reasons.

1. If both MGT and HIO are working with Flinders Ports, there is a higher probability that the port could get built (I acknowledge that is far from certain).

2. At the second last paragraph on page 3 of MGT's announcement it states "Flinders Ports proposed development will include the construction of rail to the site, product handling infrastructure and storage sheds, and a rail-offloading tip-pocket". Why this excites me is because it means that the use of largely existing rail from Hawsons to Myponie Point is a possibility and that Hawsons would not need to build an expensive slurry pipeline to get started, reducing capital costs etc. If everything else works, the slurry pipeline could be built later.

I acknowledge that this is still fair from actually happening, but at least it something a little bit positive from my perspective.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.