HIO 3.23% 3.2¢ hawsons iron ltd

The slurry pipe is only an option due to the current rail line...

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360
    The slurry pipe is only an option due to the current rail line not having the extra capacity that HIO and MGT require. This has been announced already.

The slurry pipe should be a huge concern by all investors as this creates more engineering problems and substantial costs. You do realize the proposed slurry pipe will be one of the longest in the world and with next to no help from gravity? (Usually slurry pipes are successful when the mine locate high up in the mountains and the cost of putting a rail line is excessive). Show me a mining company that would chose to build approximately 500km of slurry pipeline which is basically following an existing rail line?? Crazy stuff!!!

No announcement of the cost or location of the dewatering plant, no surprise considering HIO do not have a port to ship from. Hoping a new port will be built is not what I want to see in a business plan.

No announcement on how much water will be required nor confirmation on where the water will be sourced.
    Most processing plants aim to recycle >80% of the water used, HIO will sending this water down a proposed slurry line to a non existent de-watering plant. All HIO have stated is water won't be a problem...(The same people that suggest better economics by doing a BFS of 20mtpa!). Sorry do not believe water will be available in such vast quantities.

Before the rampers come out accusing me of down ramping, let me disclose that I do not hold HIO any more. I was a holder with an average cost of $0.04 and sold on the announcement of the BFS changing to 20mtpa. From my experience they had a snow flakes chance in hell of this happening... At this time I shared my concerns and was criticised by the HIO's Hot Copper "Band Leader" Tran due to HIO's "Compelling Economics"....
    I was amazed that the price ran to over $1.00 on the FOMO of retail investors. (Could have made much high profits if I held longer)....
    I was holding a large volume of MGT that I sold half of on their announcement of a share consolidation. I still hold MGT shares but I do not think they will be mining anytime soon (if they mine at all).

I feel most "Green Steel" ventures will be shelved one way or another until the world gets the current inflation under control. Changing the BFS criteria, doing more drilling, etc, etc, is an easy way to delay (shelve) a project until the markets return to a favourable condition. I feel both HIO and MGT are guilty of this tactic at the moment. Personally, as a supplier of capital equipment to the mining industry, my company benefits from all projects reaching production but, investors must acknowledge most explorers go bust when new investors stop believing the marketing spin and the money dries up....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.2¢
Change
0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $31.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.2¢ 3.0¢ $157.0K 5.004M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 394019 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 441587 39
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.2¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.0¢ 2451057
Last updated 14.33pm 06/05/2024 ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.