NICKEL 0.00% $12,675 nickel futures

price correction....names

1. 566 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Ok ok, I must admit some of my posts lately have been the odd comments with no evidence POSTED to support it.....

unfortunately most Of the information has been from protected sites, in which I cannot copy or paste the document…. However I have good research from two investment banks…

here goes......
    - Unlike demand growing in all sectors - Europe and the US are showing signs of weakness.
    - Market is softest in Europe with weakening order books.
    - Outokompu was the first European stainless steel producer to announce cutbacks - the second now being Arcelor Mittal - which said that it will be "moderating to some degree our shipment volume in the second quarter this year". The company last year (4Q) shipped 543,000t, however in 1st quarter shipped 498,000t.
    - as a result of these curtailments, melted output in the US and Europe actually dropped (slightly) in the 1Qtr.
    -baoSteel also announced increasing ferrtic grades in its stainless production mix to 40% from 25%.
    -At the same time the 300 series ration in Japan dropped for the first time ever to average c.59% compared to 62%.

another broker reports:
    Nickel: we are early calling a stainless steel de-stock in Q2 that would result in nickel prices correcting close to 50% to U$10-12/lb range. But all signs are still there – the first stainless mills are cutting production, yet
    nickel prices still defy gravity. We see the fundamentals pointing to a major correction in prices, but likely to remain >U$10/lb for the next 3 years – 2.5x long-term average!

This is all I could post as I have work to do - but you get the jist.....

TheGimp
    P.S - I wish the bull could run to $100000000 per lb.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NICKEL (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.