BLR 0.00% 0.2¢ black range minerals limited

P.P. I wish you all the best in your trading,however, to think...

1. 460 Posts.
    P.P. I wish you all the best in your trading,however, to think that 1 stock will be your Superannuation is to show a lack of understanding of how this game works.To be ultimatly successful you need to be able to spot opportunities wherever and whenever they pop up.This will apply to many stocks(perhaps even hundreds over a traders career).One stock will make me rich mentality is rampant on these Forums and as a study in Human Physcology(as trading is) is mentality 101, that the herd moves together and reassure themselves that they are on a winner, whilst attacking anyone who dares sound a note of caution.Eperienced traders look @ the chart and determine where and when fear and greed will o/take each other and trade accordingly.Thank you for not being one of the "herd" in your analysis and yes I am winding up a few,but do so only to highlight their activities.In the past I too have fallen for the spiel provided by one of the "Forum Leaders" and have learnt from it.The hardest thing to do is sell when all the hype is telling you to buy(greed).I will give an example of how I play a stock.
    Buy the ordinaries,
    If they double sell them
    Put the profit(50%) into oppies
    Keep selling 50% of oppies should they keep doubling
    Ive be around way too long to worship@ the temple of "let your profits run" or "Consider adding to your position" as you end up with too high a % of your portfolio in one stock thereby exposing yourself to a myriad of poss. disasters from that Co.Yes I am aware of diversified Portfolio Theory and the argument that to folllow this path will ensure that your gains are capped as you will have some winners and some losers but trading in this manner has allowed me to be successful and NOT lose my stake over a 20 year period.In the end as I'm sure your;e aware, the idea is not to lose your money or your out of the game.Perhaps Im a little conserative for some here but to illustrate my pointI sold my .com holdings in March 1999 and missed out on the final blowoff move which made some,, a fortune,and left a big % looking for a chair!
    Always ready for a balanced exchange of views
    regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.