AD8 5.23% $9.45 audinate group limited

Dante (Digital Audio Network Through Ethernet) is a combination...

1. 564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Dante (Digital Audio Network Through Ethernet) is a combination of software, hardware, and network protocols that deliver uncompressed, multi-channel, low-latency digital audio over a standard Ethernet network using Layer 3 IP packets.

That statement has HEAVY make-up on.  You are not going to like this but let's break down the marketing jargon to engineering speak:

Digital Audio Network (the DAN component of DANTE), using Audinate's own words, "is a form of digital audio distribution using computer networks.  Audio networking technologies convert audio signal into digital data, which enables the use of .... ethernet..." (straight out of page 9 of the prospectus)

I know the blood is boiling. Just take a deep breath and read that again slowly.

Ok, now go back to your statement, once "DAN technologies (that) convert audio signal into digital data" has occurred, if it is merely delivering uncompressed data, then it is basically just sending data/bytes.

Don't attribute Ethernet or Fibre-Optic capability to Audinate.  All fibre optic cables accommodate low-latency (i.e. FAST and ACCURATE) and multi-channel transfer of data.  Fibre capability is not Audinate IP.  Nothing to write home about.

Layer 3 IP is not Audinate IP.  

There is a standard for how data is transferred.  There is also a standard for how audio data is transferred.  That's why Audinate is AES67 compatible.  You think they have invented something here and it is false.

Compressing audio signals has disadvantages...but when you are sending uncompressed data, you are not doing anything special to it.  If you manipulate/enhance/package your audio data in a certain format, you had better go through every single Dolby patent, because that is a legal minefield.  I sent a link of Audinate's patents.  Having 5 or 6 patents is not a legitimate approach - defensively or offensively.  There is usually some core technology being patented and at least a few hundred related patents supporting just that one core patent.  

This is why I cannot agree with your statement "It is Internet Protocol".

The bottom line is,  do you think the Berlin Philharmonic Concert Hall has thousands of copper cables?  They use ethernet/fibre optic as well.  And they don't touch Dante.  

This is why the crux is AD-DA which you all hate to admit.  It is not my obsession.  It is the FIRST PRODUCT on your favourite company's PRODUCT PAGE.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AD8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.45
Change
0.470(5.23%)
Mkt cap ! $785.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.20 $9.56 $9.09 $5.845M 622.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1098 $9.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.48 3950 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AD8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.