WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

price manipulation, page-12

1. 268 Posts.
    Yes it was all a bit bland. If they had a plan - they didn't do a very good job of communicating it. It was all comments like 'were doing good' and ' high grade' and 'Indonesia ban' and 'we don't understand our SP' There was no discussion on exploration, mine development, strategy, off take agreement (other than it was in progress). AGM could have been better, I was disappointed.

There was a major push back in the election of 2 directors. Not good when 30% of your shareholders reject the election of two directors. The chairman seemed very quick to slap down the question when asked about why so many voted against them. The comment was made that maybe those two directors had stretched themselves too thin. 30% against. Something to keep an eye on.

I've said it before here, WSA are perennial under promise over achievers, this is normally good but after a decade of it I think the market is getting a little frustrated by WSA setting the bar low - then bragging about exceeding it every year. I'm officially over it.

WSA has good prospects. Can't really go bust because their grade is so high, however upside from $4.50 ish a share only exists if nickel goes up long term or they get lucky and find a nice big deposit. I sold 1/3 of my holding when it was above $5 and I will likely sell the rest when/if it goes up there again. Dividend isn't great. $4 to $5 is my range where I would not buy or sell. But if you want to hold a nickel company in your portfolio then may as well buy today in the low 4s.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.