LHG unknown

The price of gold has been climbing on demand,...

1. 001
    80 Posts.
    The price of gold has been climbing on demand, http://kitco.com/charts/livegold.html
    I have to ask what is causing this demand for gold?, In my opinion the electronics industry will continue to consume more gold for the production of computers and mobile phones.
    Asia Korea, Taiwan, China, India and Japan seem to be the main consumers of gold, but China with its huge population and it demand for electronic devices cant get enough of our resources.

India has a love affair with gold, it is a reflection wealth in asian culture, as the wealth grows in these countries so does their demand for gold.

A friend of mine suggested the price is climbing due to the political instability in America, and people see gold as a safehaven for investment.

The last demand for gold could come from future technology, gold being one of the few metals suitable for fuel cells could find its greatest demand in the production of fuel cell batteries and production of hydrogen/ hydrocarbons from water.

Why the sudden demand for gold? please share your view, the bottom line is the price of gold effects the price of Lihir gold

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LHG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.