GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

price of gold thread, page-6

1. 1,937 Posts.
    If your post was the last thing for people to read, you would be left with the impression that I am wrong - but I'll keep this polite.

USD $1300 is not all I am saying, but it's an estimate of a gold peak in an inflation neutral present day environment. What if inflation doesn't come? You still think it's axiomatic.

SP, you got the housing market wrong. What makes you think you are right on this one?

(exhibit A)
    "Two things must get better before mortgage delinquency rates start reversing themselves, he said: home values and unemployment.

"Until we see improvement in both of those areas, it's possible that it will take longer for delinquency to improve," Guarrera said.

[pw] Exactly what I have been saying all along. Currently looking at deflationary pressures until consumer spending can be sustained by real incomes.

US mortgage delinquencies hit new high
    http://www.thebull.com.au/articles_detail.php?id=7436

You won't get inflation until people on the street pick up the pace on incomes; you won't get higher house prices until people start to hang onto them, and banks stop giving them away. This is axiomatic.

The US is buying it's own debt because it couldn't sell it to anyone (that's where the money is going!!!) The HUGE UNANSWERED question is how the US Gov't gets out of these assets, and when? Non-one has the $trillions or the interest to buy them until things stabilise, and asset prices improve. (see exhibit A)

Look out for unemployment numbers. If they increase again, then deflation is a reality. Note this article leads with "the pace at which people fell behind on their mortgages slowed during the summer".

The bad news is the overall delinquency rate in the US hit another record.

Hahahahahahahahaha .......... you really have to laugh at that. I've had enough also.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.