FEX 2.78% 37.0¢ fenix resources ltd

Price of Iron Ore, page-659

1. 8,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 895
    There are so many opinions from so many different analysts - they can't be all right. Some bullish some bearish but as is often the case many are way off the mark as time pushes on. For a producer, assumptions are often built in to what management may or may not expect. To sell a story, often the price points for the commodity may perhaps be rather optimistic - one can look for example at how NCZ went since it restarted operations a couple of years ago and how the price of the commodity has had a wild ride.

The price of IO is not the only consideration nor is the demand. There are other factors to consider such as exchange rates, commodity grade, product output. Management cannot change some elements but can be instrumental in others. Management can also seek other initiatives to enhance value. I doubt that management's focus is on just the IO price on a daily basis - surely they're also aware of possible headwinds and proactive in dealing with it. Worse case scenario - C&M - PAN did it with their nickel mine a while back, sp tanked but was in a position to be able to reassess operations and now they restarted operations and sp is on the move up as a result.

I'm not happy with current sentiment toward FEX nor the associated drop in share price - however the dividend paid was welcome and am looking forward to some more albeit possibly lower going forward. One thing is fairly certain - if a dividend is announced it usually follows that sp will rise - meanwhile the markets will do as they wish. As far as I'm aware FEX is still making profits in the interim. Meanwhile happy to hold or trade on occasions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FEX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.0¢
Change
0.010(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $257.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 37.8¢ 36.0¢ $952.0K 2.582M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 74237 37.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.5¢ 336700 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FEX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.