ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

price on carbon = new gas-fired power industry, page-2

1. 2,906 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    Yaq,

I had to re-read your previous post and now realise that your leave taking will be in 2 weeks hence - Sorry about that

WA uses a large amount of gas as well outside Perth.
    It has a 15% gas reservation policy to stop all the gas going to LNG. The East coast will probably do the same , when they wake up, so that will moderate domgas prices.

Our problem is that people will "die fighting for" farming on the great black soil plains even though Mr Windsor made obscene profits selling his farm to the Coal miners and Barnaby Joyce wants to take Windsors seat so is mouthing like platitudes as well. The number of CSG/Coal protest groups is amazing. We have to get CSG disassociated from the Evil Coal.

I get sick of seeing people walking the streets with T shirts with:

"Say NO to Coal Seam Gas Mining"
    "Dont frack with my future"
    "Dont frack with me"
    "Where the Fracking hell are my pineapples"

It is NOT Mining - We are a level above the blast-shovel-truck-crush-rail-ship brigade. We just drill-pump-pump-pump-gas-pipe. We are sophisticates. We dont instal draglines to move billions of tonnes of overburden. We are the Surgeons of the Plains. We seismic so we know where the coal is , then we carefully drill into it horizontally and then we pump some more and then we have the Gas to power the Lights of the big cities. We are not Miners we are Gas Surgeons.
    Surgeons like Dental Surgeons using high precision equipment. We are Extractors.

"Say YES to Coal Seam Gas Extraction"

I know our wells will be mostly in the Pilliga forest but we have to get APPEA and all the others to put Mr Brown back in his box as he wants to stop everything.

I saw a ORG clip some time ago where one of their fellows said that $35/t would be the minimum that they would need to start building CCGT plants again. The greens want $70/t and the whole coal industry closed down.

The likely scenario is that Gillard will decree $20/t , "decree" as an absolutist would as she has no mandate.

The next government will probably do what NZ did after a change of Govt and that was to go slow and try to mitigate the masochism when no other major country is doing anything. It will just Hollow out what manufacturing we have left and leave Australia as a shell where the people live on the coast and in the middle there are great big holes.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.