LOM 0.00% 6.7¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Price should there be a cap Raise, page-126

1. 2,156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 292
    I recently read somewhere about the pricing system used at the Diamond auctions.
    That it was a situation where the buyer is allocated a Number which corresponds to a Batch of diamonds with a specified price.
    The buyer has a choice of either saying YES, or NO to the whole batch only.
    If the Buyer says NO, then that Batch is put back in for someone else to draw.
    If the Buyer says NO too many times, he is longer asked to attend the Auctions.
    If the Batch of diamonds continues to not sell, then they will reshuffle it next round, but that it reflects poorly on the Mine that supplied them.

So there is also a possibility that LOM may have felt that they were not getting best value for money from their High End stones, when it was being auctioned off with some of the lower end stones it had found.
    Thus it is possible that this time round they have opted to put it through as 2 batches, 1 with the lower quality stones, and 1 with the higher quality stones.

A buyer is a lot more likely to say YES to a batch of 10 High end diamonds and 3 or 4 low ends, than he is to say yes to 10 low end diamonds and 1 or 2 high end.
    Because the problem is that the High End diamonds have the best markup when cut and polished. the lower quality diamonds are just sold off as junk diamonds for your cheap "diamond earings" to places like Prouds and other "discount jewellers". But because of the way the Auction system works, a buyer is forced to take the crap with the quality!
    Hence it is by far in LOM's interest to have nearly a whole batch consisting of High Qualities!

IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 77498 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.7¢ 31257 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.