KAB 0.00% 0.1¢ kaboko mining limited

price target after trading halt, page-77

1. 2,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Well ragingboom in defence of the epic posts, there was quite a lot of very well researched information to convey. It is perhaps the most well documented pump and dump in the history of the ASX. And with some very interesting twists if you understand the background. (Which makes me surprised that some readers consider the story boring).

I also look forward to today's news, as the next leg in this story. The leaks to this forum suggest lot of good news pending but some companies in the past have used those type of leaks to hold share prices ahead of capital raising.

I haven't look at the resource here. Not had time and don't really have the expertise to understand it probably anyway. So I don't discount that it could be a good low capex opportunity.

I did take a look at Manganese Prices though. I'm struggling a bit to see the bullish story there in the short and medium term. I don't really get your previous comments on the rise and rise of the manganese price.

KAB in their 25 July response to ASX said prices have been rising in recent months as a reason for the 33% stock spike that day. Humorously, that looks to be copied nearly exactly from the OM Holding quarterly released on 18 July (see page 2). I's surprised KAB stock took so long to spike!

So in recent months prices are going up, hitting $5.35 in July. The problem is that they are still down on the 2011 price of $5.62 which was in turn down 25% from the 2010 average of $7.45.

I wont plagiarise the OM reports exactly but it is pretty clear that they considered those 2011 prices to be very low and not sustainable for most of the industry. And we're still below those levels.

Perhaps in the very short term we may see further rises with inventories apparently low. Not that reliable though inventories. You can argue that the long term outlook is good with Electric cars, but that seems a long, long way out to me. The reality is that 90% of Manganese goes into very cyclical steel production.

Anyway, excuse longish note. I find it hard to fit my thoughts into a sentence at times. Just skip through it!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.