VBA 0.00% 35.5¢ virgin blue holdings limited

personally, i would not listen to these jokersthe PE ratio is...

1. 9,286 Posts.
    personally, i would not listen to these jokers

the PE ratio is simply too high

however, i promised I would post the broker calls today so here goes

good luck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AddedBA-Merrill Lynch rates VBA as Buy, High Risk (1) - Recovering yields and lower fuel prices have seen Virgin upgrade its FY10 profit expectations from "return to profitability" to a profit of $80-110m, which is anything from 10% to 50% above previous market forecasts, the broker notes.

The broker believes positive news from both Virgin and Qantas ((QAN)) suggests momentum is turning in the airline industry. Virgin's forecast earnings are raised by 52% and the target rises from 64c to 85c.

Target price is $0.85 Current Price is $0.55 Difference:$0.30 - (brackets indicate current price is over target). If VBA meets the BA-Merrill Lynch target it will return approximately 55% (excluding dividends, fees and charges - negative figures indicate an expected loss).

The company's fiscal year ends in June. BA-Merrill Lynch forecasts a full year FY10 dividend of 0.00 cents and EPS of 3.00 cents. At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 18.33.

Market Sentiment: 0.6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AddedJP Morgan rates VBA as Overweight (1) - Target $0.91 (was $0.88). The company has guided to pre-tax profit for FY10 of $80-110m and the broker notes this is well above both its forecast and market consensus.

Changing its forecasts to reflect the guidance sees the broker bring forward earnings by almost a year, which supports its Overweight rating. Also supportive is a minor increase in price target.

Target price is $0.91 Current Price is $0.55 Difference:$0.36 - (brackets indicate current price is over target). If VBA meets the JP Morgan target it will return approximately 65% (excluding dividends, fees and charges - negative figures indicate an expected loss).

The company's fiscal year ends in June. JP Morgan forecasts a full year FY10 dividend of 0.00 cents and EPS of 4.80 cents. At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 11.46.

Market Sentiment: 0.6

RBS Australia rates VBA as Buy (1) - Improving yields and lower fuel costs have contributed to management lifting earnings guidance for FY10 in the broker's view, but given its forecasts were already at the top of the range its numbers are unchanged.

With high leverage to an improving economic environment the broker retains its Buy rating on the stock.

Target price is $0.76 Current Price is $0.55 Difference:$0.21 - (brackets indicate current price is over target). If VBA meets the RBS Australia target it will return approximately 38% (excluding dividends, fees and charges - negative figures indicate an expected loss).

The company's fiscal year ends in June. RBS Australia forecasts a full year FY10 dividend of 0.00 cents and EPS of 3.50 cents. At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 15.71.

(c)www.fnarena.com

News Network 2010. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website may be reproduced, copied or in any way re-used without written permission from News Network. All subscribers should read our terms and conditions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VBA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.