WOW 0.36% $33.42 woolworths group limited

I don't know what your local BigW is like but mine is either...

1. 327 Posts.
    I don't know what your local BigW is like but mine is either closing down or stripping everything out getting ready for a reincarnation. For weeks the shelves across the store have been showing drop zone tags getting rid of stock. BigW used to be my goto stop for hardware consumables, cleaning consumables, jocks and socks. The hardware evaporated years ago, the cleaners shelves have contracted more recently. Today I went looking for jocks and socks and the whole menswear section has been gutted.

What is going on?

If this restructuring is common across all BigWs then there must be a large capital investment afoot to reposition BugW against what? I get the feeling a large capital investment and margin cuts are going on across all WOW brands ATM and the share price is going to take a big hit sooner or later as the costs and reduced margins become obvious.

Firstchoice is another front. I never used to buy at 1st, DanM was always seemed a better option. This week I restocked the cellar and the best buys at 1st were way more attractive than Dans. Sometime soon Dans is going to have to start fighting a price war on that front as well. More profit slippage...

I think the current trend has more in its legs than a few cents at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.