GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

price, page-14

1. 325 Posts.
    Callback

I love my heritage too, and it's sure not that of a Groote TO, and it's not yours either by the sound of things. This amazing, privileged experience of living with the GE's, while (and as a Darwin lad I'm sure you'd perfectly understand this) it has certainly not been easy going for me what it has taught me is real respect for other cultures. And respect for the views of others too. That's why, while I go in hard on my posts, I try and refrain from personal abuse and ridicule...and for the most part sarcasm too, although I've indulged in a little bit of that.

I'm not anti-mining by any stretch of the imagination. I support it when its done correctly and I've seen a lot of it in the NT (pretty familiar with the Gove/Camalco situation for example). I've yet to see a mining company live up to MMP's and MMA's without being dragged kicking and screaming down that path. I've also seen GEMCO attempt to actively subvert the MMA here in some aspects of its operations. As I posted previously a small part of my role here is in asssisting the ALC police the MMA. For 5 or 6 years under an MOU between GEMCO and CDU I more less worked in the mining industry. It was bloody fascinating, and I admire some aspects of the mining culture.

But overall that experience, and my continuing interaction with GEMCO, and later on GOT, leads me to believe that one should "never trust a mining company." They only ever seem to want to deliver on their terms and need to be heavily policed and vigilantly scrutinised re their environmental and cultural obligations.

And be blowed if I can see that this so called GR GRoote Project has much that's "orrect"about it. To me its wanton environmental and cultural vandalism. It's certainly scared the beJesus out of the Anindilyakwan mob...but the good thing is that it has unified them.

And the company itself, c'mon Callback, fair dinkum give me your opinion, what's the go with this so called acquisition? Is that suss or what? And if that's the way SH's are treated what hope for the Aborigines and the Environment?

Out of all the posts I've seen here, and being as objective as I can possibly be, which admittedly is very difficult for me, its MOneyPutih's most recent post that really hits the nail on the head. And it's an echo of what Kim Hill, the Northern Land Council's CEO was quoted in the media as saying when GR first made it's Gulf water's intentions known,"We don't need cowboys in the Gulf."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.