GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

price, page-19

1. 325 Posts.
    Callback

This idea that you're promoting that the TO's are somehow backfilling to suit their argument falls nicely with the reasonably common stereotypical notion that Aborigines in general just make things up to suit themselves. I'd suggest that that position more than demeans the reality in respect of the situation on Groote, and probably elsewhere.

One of the great difficulties in Aborigines gaining Native Title is that they are oral cultures and find it difficult to provide the documentation required by legislation in supporting their claims. In the case of Groote Eylandt this is not so- there is already plenty of documentation establishing their cultural and economic ties to the sea scape in question. One of the reasons I am loathe to post Turners map of the songlines is that it is not a stand alone document. It can only be understood by reading Turner's multitude of publications explaining in full the significance of the song lines and where they travel and what they made.

I don't think people are silly regarding this issue, but I think that many are ill informed and ignorant of the realities. I also believe that what often is in play here is something revolving around what Fluffynyph explained to me in one of her posts- that investemts are often not about the outcome, they are about the dream and the journey. And I think that in this cas the "dream" gets in the way of SH's coming to grips with the realities. As to the "journey" you yourself have stated that its not about investing in mining actually taking place its investing in "good news" for GR upping the share price.

The Telstra cable is about one inch in diameter, a lot different than the impact caused by open cut seabed mining. The negotiations leading to its approval lasted about two years. My understanding is that it intersects one song line, but maybe two. In regard to the TO's agreement I can only surmise that they felt that it would not compromise their cultural practices to the extent that they felt the need for rejection. In the case of GR"s proposals its obvious that their sentiment is the opposite. As to BHP's involvement I have no idea. From my own personal perspective I'm glad the cable's been approved because my internet connection has fallen out twice in the past fifteen minutes.

This inclination of posters to somehow promote a GEMCo conspiracy theory, in my opinion, is a red herring blinding their own journeys to an understanding of the realities I'm talking about and, again in my opinion, constitutes part of the dynamic of "wishing" that the way they see things is the reality.

I don't know whether GOT will start exploration of the sea- I have stated more than once that I suspect that mapping might commence but not in the manner GR proposed in their original EPBC application. And Callback you don't know whether exploration will commence either. We are both speculating. If the Blue Mud Bay EL's are rejected I speculate that it is going to make it more difficult for DOR to approve the mapping.

Sure I'm trying to convince people that GR"s proposals are environmental vandalism and will lead to cultural genocide. Others are rubbishing my position. Interestingly, I believe, your post yesterday pushed the debate along. I'm referring to your tacit admission that the song lines in fact do exist- that they don't exist in the fashion you wish them to is another matter altogether.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.