NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

price, page-199

1. 2,618 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 634
    Here's a question for you or anyone else here - how many people buy a product and then go online to post review, good or bad?

People love to have a whinge, so that's why we are more inclined to make an effort to post a bad review so we can have the satisfaction of telling our friends or family about how we "got stuck into them online about their product"

On the other hand, I can't remember the last time I could be bothered going online to post a review about a good product I've purchased (apart from IQbuds, but that was vested interest as a shareholder). Human nature is such that we don't give positive feedback unless we absolutely have to (because we have better things to do) but we will go out of our way to let people know if we've had a bad experience.

My rough estimate of the numbers -

Percentage of people who bother to post a bad review if they've had a poor experience: 50%
    Percentage of people who don't bother to post a review if they've had a poor experience: 50%

Percentage of people who bother to post a good review if they've had a good experience: 10%
    Percentage of people who don't bother to post a good review if they've had a good experience: 90%

So, even if 50% of people are happy with a product and 50% have some issues with the same product, when it comes to reviews there will be 5 times as many bad reviews as good reviews.

That means that if 50% of the reviews are bad and 50% of the reviews are good, in actual fact the "real" satisfaction numbers look like this -

Reviews -
    Good 50
    Bad 50

Buyers -
    Happy 500
    Unhappy 100

If all 600 of those buyers posted their reviews the review scores would look very different.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.