It has nothing to do with what I prefer, or like and I'm not...

1. 6,471 Posts.
    It has nothing to do with what I prefer, or like and I'm not sure how you think you're above allowing your mind from taking you to fairyland.

We have certain religious types that believe that Genesis is literal when that contradicts all known science. There is not a single piece of archaeological evidence to support a literal Genesis and if it is rendered as literal then God becomes a total heartless psychopath. That's the place your mind has taken you. The least of us on HC would not have acted as callously as you would have us believe your God did. Who in their right mind causes death upon all of humanity because somebody else ate a piece of fruit, or destroys humanity in a flood? You worship the foulest of gods. It's not possible for Satan to be worse than the god you believe in.

Adam and Eve is not literal, or about, "part of the plan." You may rationalise it as a plan, but that still produces a pathetic god not nearly as good as the average human. I guess it is part of the plan in the sense that it was expected that with an ounce of spiritual insight, people would not turn the Bible into their own personal fairytale, but of course, symbolic language is a bridge too far for some people.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.