GSL 0.00% 17.0¢ greatcell solar limited

JoyWhere do you get the idea that I was excited about Solyndra?...

1. 824 Posts.
    Joy

Where do you get the idea that I was excited about Solyndra?

As for the original holders who never come to hotcopper, I suspect they hold less of the company than you think. Lots of shares have been issued since the float and over 1.5 million are issued every month for the sum of $400,000 and that number increases every month!

We arent far from from that point where an original holder who hasnt purchased since the float is underwater on their investment in Dye! I am one of the originals, but I have bought more from time to time so I am way underwater on this. If only I had waited 6 years.

The top 20 shareholders own about 60% of the company. There is only 1 shareholder with greater than 5% and that is the Tullochs. They own less than 15%.

You only need 50.1% to get control and if you get enough you might even delist the company.

My point wasnt really to do with the prospects of a takeover, it was more about the sad state of Australian manufacturing policy which fails to encourage ventures and innovators like DYE to go that step further and manufacture the fruits of their innovation in Australia and supply it to the world.

I for one would love to see a full scale dye plant constructed on the monaro hwy in Hume! It might bring a sense of the real world to Canberra!

School kids could get tours of a real factory where workers wear googles, hard hats and high-vis overalls: a place where an evacuation siren sounds once a week (to test)! And a place where something real and meaningful goes out the front gate for delivery to the world.

In my day those tours were to the mint and the dairy farm at Pialigo! Guess the mint still produces something meaningful! But sadly I think the dairy farm is long gone!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.