CUV 1.39% $14.95 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

princeton researchers working on tanner

1. 648 Posts.
    For years now, researchers and small companies have been working on a viable sunless tanner that is better than those containing DHA (the garbage ingredient in sunless tanners on the market).

There have been many that promised to get to market, but all have failed - Barbara Gilchrest and her pTpT, Bryan Fuller and his MelanX, and some other small companies (even a couple larger pharmas had patents on compounds they were researching).

Just came across some info that a couple researchers from Princeton and what appears to be a Chinese herbal manufacturer have teamed up to work on a compound that they claim not only tans the skin but darkens the hair. Before anyone scoffs at the fact that they're involved with a Chinese company, keep in mind that Princeton has some of the best minds in research.

I don't have time to peruse all the info that was sent to me, but these guys mention Melanotan in their patent (when they mention the competition), so these guys aren't clowns doing research in someone's basement.

Quite frankly, with several small companies coming so close to developing a synthetic tanner the past 20 years, I'm very surprised one hasn't reached the market yet.

As investors in Clinuvel, we all hoped their drug would reach the masses and we'd make a pretty penny off this. It wouldn't be wise to assume we still have all the time in the world or even that Clinuvel will still capture the cosmetic market (I'm not even sure they want to now).

They have been at this themsleves for so many years - if another small company gets a decent synthetic tanner on the market that doesn't involve an injectable implant, then Clinuvel might not ever pan out to huge cosmetic sales - even if they drop the price.

Before anyone gets all smug about there being no competition, rest assured some researchers are working diligently on cosmetic tanning products that are much better than DHA self-tanners.

If Clinuvel just wants to be an EPP and Vitiligo pharma that's fine. But they better get on their high horse if they dream of building a blockbuster pharma that captures a portion of the cosmetic market. And that my friends, is why 99% of us got in this stock. Not because of EPP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.95
Change
-0.210(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $752.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.20 $15.20 $14.81 $536.9K 35.80K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 47 $14.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.96 143 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.