PAR 2.00% 24.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

"PRIOR ART" for Paradigm patent

1. 118 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10

MOZZ: I did some moresearches and came across this 1992 patent owned by David Cullis-Hill,Arthropharm CEO and Peter Ghosh, joint founder of Paradigm, unfortunately nowdiseased. The patent has no doubt expired. I am not a patent expert, but “polysulphatedpolysaccharides … as methods for treating arthritis and allied inflammatoryconditions” certainly seems like prior art that could invalidateParadigm’s OA patents. I don’t know all of PAR’s history, but I assumePAR has already disclosed this patent to the market years ago, perhaps in itsIPO docs. In any event, my guess is that the exclusive supply agreementwith bene-Arzneimittel, not PAR’s IP, is what is important andwill be most valued when PAR negotiates a Zilosul OA license with pharma. Myquestion to you is – what has PAR disclosed about terms in its supply agreementwith bene? What term? Performance milestones? Get outclauses, etc. Any triggers converting exclusive to non-exclusive? Perhaps this is irrelevant anyway because it is dead certainis that pharma will require itself becoming a party to the PAR agreement withbene or at least a direct agreement with bene in parallel with the PARagreement to guarantee supply. A three way agreement can work of course, butPAR will need excellent negotiating skills because pharma will have a lot ofleverage to renegotiate terms. Just my opinion

Patent Number: 5,145,841 45 Date of Patent: Sep. 8, 1992, Cullis-Hill, Ghosh: The present invention relates tocompounds, compositions and methods for the treatment of arthritis and alliedinflammatory conditions. More particularly the invention relates to novelmetallo complexes of polysulphated polysaccharides, compositions includingthose compounds, compositions including any two of the compounds selected fromhyaluronic acid or water soluble salts thereof, corticosteroids and compoundscapable of maintaining the integrity of connective tissues, particularly jointarticular cartilage and methods for treating arthritis and allied inflammatory conditionsusing these compounds and compositions.

FIG. 5-Inhibition of humangranulocyte elastase (HGE) : by Pentosan polysulphate (SP54GR) (O), DH40J (A)and DH40Y (A). The IC50 (ug/ml) for these three drugs are shown. FIG.6-Inhibition of human granulocyte elastase (HGE) by Pentosan polysulphate (SP5( ), DH40J (O, ZnSO (O) and ZnSO -- SP5 the ratio of (1:0:18) (O).FIG.7-Anticoagul ….the present inventorshave further found that when the polysulphated polysaccharides are present asparticular complexes, the suppression of blood clotting mechanisms by thepolysulphated polysaccharides is greatly reduced whilst the anti-arthritic,anti-inflammatory activity is enhanced.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $85.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 25.5¢ 24.0¢ $158.3K 637.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 27431 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 41680 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.