AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

priority , page-4

1. 3,267 Posts.
    Mowibble and Topdawg, I agree, Gold is and should be the priority as the world seeks out gold as a safe haven.
    I think the Queensland gold Mantle has around Charters Towers has more priority then the Victorian gold.

A copy of a post I did on the general market yesterday ....since posting, the price of gold has continued its rise ( it went to about US$920 yesterday and currently is trading around us$889 an oz. Gold for MNM and other small explorers looks likely to be an increasingly valuable asset to have. Mantle's large gold holdings becomes increasingly attractive as the price of gold heads north as the dow heads south. The production of gold at Mantle's Charter's Towers tenements should be pursued with vigour.The current share price is very very attractive for anyone wanting to get on the gold bandwagon, let alone the phosphate one. Cheap as chips at the moment and buying at these prices defines the good investors in the future.

The post.....

"Gold is trading at US $908 early this evening, up $169 from 11th sept when it dipped short term to $739 (less than only a month ago !).
    Market overview....
    I'd expect the Dow to continue to be volatile over the next 2 months and drop to around 7500 from it's current 9447. Likewise with the XAO ( Australian All Ords) potentially to drop from 4369 to around 3500 over the next couple of months with day to day volatility, with some largish rises and falls along the way.
    I think Gold will be around US$1,000 within a month and around $1,200 in about 2 months.
    I expect that the Credit Default Swaps in the US will continue to drive the negative news flow from the US. There are about US $62 Trillion in credit default swaps driving this market lower and considering the US GDP is about US $14 trillion, the scale of the credit default swaps is quote extraordinary and highlights how the US government has not been good monetary policy managers ( and that's being extremely polite).
    PBS news hour (Paul Solman) has an excellent video presentation that can be viewed that explains the impact AIG ( and the credit default swaps insurance) has had on the current demise of the US financial market...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/video/module.html?mod=0&pkg=7102008&seg=3

Australia is catching the cold brought on by the US lack of regulation of the financial industry but we are very much more regulated and sound. I think the Australian market will break the relationship with the US as the market better understands the underlying advantage we have over the US ( it might take a couple of months).
    There are some outstanding bargains in small explorers at the moment following the negative market sentiment and the lack of liquidity has seen those who have to sell to get cash having to drop down into the few buyers that exist at the moment.
    This creates buying opportunities not seen for some considerable time.
    Small caps are very low relative to their market cap but I think the blue chips have some way to go before they become very low.
    In the current bear market, safe day trading opportunities are few and far between but the blue chips in the top 100 Australian stocks with high franking dividends (9% plus)offer a bit of an opportunity.
    Pretty risky to hold them overnight though, on a two day trade.
    Trading plans would expect to have been amended to reflect the changed market activity and liquidity.
    Fundamentals are still strong for many small explorers but the lack of liquidity has seen most of them fall into the "no day trading potential" group of shares until the market sentiment returns to positive ( which it will as it has many times before over the last 20 years). As they continue their exploration activities, the resources in the ground aren't going anywhere. Their share price is going south but as they increase the knowledge of what they have in the ground and the market sentiment turns around, their potential becomes converted into an appreciating share price and higher market capitalisation.
    The Australian dollar is likely to remain volatile but I would have thought it would have been stronger to the US dollar, so I can't work that one out.
    Oil is not trending as expected short term but mid term I'd expect it to move back to US$100 in the next two months or so and around US$130 in the next 4 to 5 months or so.
    The increased access to the internet and independent trading platforms over the last 10 years has increased available awareness by individuals to world financial movements which adds to the volatility and activity including nervous reactions and confidence. The credit crisis has been coming for a few years and the lack of attention to the responsibilities of those executives and politicians in charge in the US is pretty pathetic. The US deficit spending, national debt and the massive spend on the war campaigns by the US have compounded the impacts of the credit crisis.
    The sooner the Australian market breaks its reactionary sentiment to the US markets , the better we here in Australia will be both from a corporate perspective and as individual share market investors.
    Cheers, Fatstocks."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.