Private health premiums set to rise, page-28

1. 1,282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Do yourselves a favour and spend some time investigating the system properly and I am sure you will find you are the ones short changing yourselves.

I spent much time going through everything with a fine toothed comb and discovered I was paying far too much - the policy I had was excellent cover but just far too dear. I found I could get similar cover for everything I had but with a reduction of premium of approx 40% (but with an excess of $250 per member ).

I prefer to cover my own dental and extras and sure don't need a new pair of runners - imo this stuff is all crud and abused by most which pushes up the premiums.

My premium this last year was under $2400 whereas the old policy was just under $4000. Bloody huge difference considering the new policy ACTUALLY covers the same items.

Of course the ones you see constantly advertising on TV are some of the dearest around by a country mile.

And beware some companies because their cover pays less too - that is why it is necessary to spend plenty of time researching - the sites for finding out about this stuff are available so why not use them - and forget the advertising designed for suckers !!!!!

Sure I spent days to find the gems but worth it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.