private school or buy them a house?, page-40

1. 1,750 Posts.
    Im a Mentone Grammer School Boy from Melbourne.
    My Father attended the same School but went to Scotch College when he was 13 back in the pre war years.

I have two young boys and there is no way they will be attending "elite" private schools. I am amused at a good mate of mine spending thousands on Private school education.His 19 year old boy is doing TAFE and residing with his girfriend after 12 years of Private School which included American Embassy schools overseas. One of his daughters is academicly inclined and is attending PLC the other at PLC would most likely be someones secretary or a hairdresser.

My Boy is on the waiting list at Scotch in Perth. His Maternal Grandfather went to Perth Scoth his Paternal went to one up Glenferrie Rd in Melbourne. His Mother is a Perth PLC girl as is his Grandmother and his Great Grandmother for that matter.I doubt very much he will be attending

There is no way as long as there is breath in my body that I am going to send my child to Boarding school at age 12.

Hes currently at the local Catholic school....not that I'm Catholic but the values seem good and the education fine. There is however a notable absence of massive indoor pools and huge Basketball arenas................frankly I couldnt care less.

If you love your kids leave them some property.
    Oh and drive a Japanese car. In my view being a snob costs a hell of a lot of money.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.