As a taxpayer it is my duty and obligation to help fund our...

1. 280 Posts.
    As a taxpayer it is my duty and obligation to help fund our countries infrastructure systems. Fund roads even if I don't have a car, fund the hospital system even if I don't get sick, fund the police rescue service even if I never have an accident. The fact is this society we call Australia is the way it is because as a group we believe it is our responsibility to provide these services.

So the allocation of funds directed to private schools should not be an issue. The difference lies in wether the parents choose to then add to the taxpayer funding. Much like private health funds.

If as a parent I want more than the public school system can provide, I would then have a choice to add to the taxpayer funding by way of school fees and send my children to a private school, just as I do with my health fund.

Perhaps a second job, perhaps longer hours, perhaps my partner working. The sacrifice will be mine and my partners to make but it will be our choice.

I don't believe that someone who is prepared to sacrifice aspects of their life to pay fees should also then be penalised by those who choose not to.

Equal allocation of taxpayer funds per child to a school is our public responsibility, the rest is up to the parents.

Cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.