private schools, page-9

1. 2,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    I know this might sound simple , maybe I'm missing something.

If funding is cut to some private " high fee schools" and it becomes unaffordable to some , then that some would have to go back into the public system , causing more burden and costs for an already understaffed overcrowded school system, from which some took on second jobs to get there kids out of in the first place.

The big winners that I can see from a funding cut are the ones that a couple of grand extra a year for private schooling won't affect.
    The elitists become MORE elite, if you know what I mean.
    There are some out there that have a second job JUST to send their kids to a private school.
    I have a neighbour doing just that and although we have discussions of wether or not a private education has an advantage over an education in the public system is of no concern to him, he is doing what HE believes is the best for his child.

Interesting though, a few weeks ago in the Herald -Sun they ran employment stats from students that had left schooling, this covered ALL schools in Victoria.
    The facts were that the privates won out by a long shot.

As I have previously run businesses , I can honestly say that I would NOT employ on the basis of whether the job applicant was educated at a private school or not. The position would most certainly be given to the most suitable to do the job.
    This has been my argument when people play the " the old school tie" card.
    But as I mentioned before re: Herald - Sun, the stats speak for themselves.
    I think the "privates" have a better chance at being employed , not because they are better educated but because they have a broader circle of "contacts" which help them being employed.
    mmmmm
    Well there you go, I just read what I wrote and realised I have shot myself in the foot, in a way it is the old school tie sh*t. LOL
    I'll post it anyway

I'm going home

Goodnight

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.