LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

omgwen4rds "The friend got emotional and shouted that radiation...

1. 3,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    omgwen4rds "The friend got emotional and shouted that radiation coming from the phone is a different type of radiation coming from the waste! ".

Sorry to inform you that your dad's friend was correct...

The mobile phones emit a non-ionizing form of radiation... as to many other things..

The general consensus is that this form of radiation is quite safe (although there are some very minor scientific groups who believe they are dangerous and occasionally gain some traction)... That does not mean that the majority of scientists are automatically right as some research still need to be done..

None the less, comparing mobile phone radiation to Ionizing radiation (alpha, beta, Gama etc) is not valid.

The comparison of sleeping next to another person, eating certain foods (some nuts), and living in a brick house is valid however.

Sadly, the issue is now very black and white for many antilynas people... anyone who tries to shoot down their claims is branded a heretic and shouted down... this will not change for a long time.

The important thing is that these fanatics are not allowed to continue their claims in the broader community. Lies are far more interesting than the truth sometimes, and, as one of the best liars I have ever met told me ages ago... if you want people to believe a whole bunch of cr&p, you just pepper some solid, indisputable facts amongst the bull and make it seem more pleasurable.

The antiLyans mob have done this well and played the social media card pretty well also... although it's impossible for them to run a campaign with 40,000+ group without exposing their lies and motives as well as strategy to the whole group... a huge Achilles heel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.