APX 1.09% 46.5¢ appen limited

Probable Trend Reversal For APX, page-559

1. 1,258 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    This is a sobering story only if u have made Appen too large a proportion of your total share portfolio. This was easy to do as it had everything ticked off. Great huge clients we were told who only had an escalating need to compete to have the best AI with the prospect of more huge projects, great debt ratio, a lauded management team, a high barrier market strength. What could possible go wrong. Now we are aware of its critical exposure to our increasing dollar relative to the US dollar and the fact that despite its clients doing financially well during Covid they have reduced needs for data on big projects ( need lots more detail on this).. The lesson is keep rebalancing your holding when one holding soars to reduce risks. There is no such thing as an invincible company. I lost far too much not doing this when the price was $42- 43. I have seen through many companies in tough periods and they all have taken a much shorter period to come through than predicted. It is frustrating to see lost opportunity to invest somewhere else but most stock is now fully priced anyway even commodities. Projects will change but the need for datasets ain't going anywhere but up for the next few years and by next August it will be a different story. Appen will diversify its offerings and expand its customers. There has to be potential for investing outside of the US now as well. In the meantime its in the back draw for a while.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.5¢
Change
0.005(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $103.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 47.5¢ 46.0¢ $289.4K 623.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 129783 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 63585 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.03pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.