problem with my bank manager, page-32

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Thanks Warnie. I know where you are coming from. I've thought that myself. My problem now is that that $5k has probably doubled in the space of a 4 days. I'm only going by what Ike posted previously. I'm filthy i'm in this situation as I would've acted a few months ago.

I went through all of my emails yesterday and on 3 (yes 3) separate occassions I specifically asked for the details, in particular, the 'what if' scenario if rates go down. When agreeing to fix the rates I once again said "as per previous emails etc and then raised the issue." I got nothing. They are clearly in the wrong because I clearly got the wrong quote.

Yesterday i thought i was going to have a win. I more or less got a slight admission that there might have been a mix up (via email) and that the higher manager is going to check their log of emails to retrieve them. I slept very well last night knowing what the emails would show. To my disbelief, I got an email saying that their email log is too old and they have no way of tracking them down. I am dumb founded. I cannot believe a bank or an organisation such as that doesn't have the capacity to track down emails. It begs the question of how they defend themselves if someone does something wrong to them. It was a pis s poor excuse to say the least. They haven't bothered to ask me for my emails. Even if they were skeptical of me, you can easily see timelines and responses. What rights does a person have when they agree to a quote they have been given via email. In agreeing you reconfirm the quote, they act on it, now they are saying that they are not going to look any further into it because their email logs are too old.

I won't say much more about the situation. I've said enough. I don't want to go into any more details on here.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.