SFG 0.00% 0.3¢ seafarms group limited

Even though I own a good chunk of SFG shares, I have never...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 93
    Even though I own a good chunk of SFG shares, I have never really been a huge consumer of prawns. Maybe done cold cooked prawns with cocktail sauce at Christmas, might order as entree at restaurant or incidental in Laksa, but never really buying to cook at home.
    So I was intrigued when my local fishmonger started stocking Australian black tiger prawns, peeled and deveined, tails on, fresh never frozen, farmed in Qld, processed in Melbourne and then shipped fresh to SA, $54/kg.
    Last 2 weeks I have bought 6 prawns, about 150g so $8. Cheaper than 250g Salmon, about the same per kg as flathead. Wife and kids not keen so just cooked up for myself. First time I made coconut based Indian curry, tonight garlic/butter/white wine sauce with asparagus and red capsicum.
    Both dishes super easy, cooks in 5 minutes once you have done ingredients prepared, prawns no prep as already peeled and ready to go. They are huge, juicy and tasty, absorbing flavour while still honouring the prawn. I was super impressed and will go back for more
    My other seafood play CSS has been smashed by Covid as mostly restaurant play. Fishmonger says yellowtail kingfish oxidises in display and looks unappetising despite having title of best raw fish in the world, very popular in restaurants.
    Anyone can cook these prawns, they are no more expensive than nice fish or Scotch fillet, cleaned and ready to go. I’m super impressed and can see with a bit of marketing they will sell themselves.
    Any good prawn recipient post here!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.