CVN 3.13% 16.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

Guys ..I dont post much on this forum ..I used to read it a bit...

1. 235 Posts.
    Guys ..I dont post much on this forum ..I used to read it a bit , but over the past 12 months I havnt even done that, nowadays if i read HC it is mainly as a sentiment check on small caps, ....those i am thinking of buying or selling...Last time i sold the last of my cvn was late Oct , (22/0ct 2002) & i recall at the time I had a look at HC & that one of the same people who was so vocal at that time, about how good the stock looked at 7.0 - 8.0 cents (check posts on Oct 22 under cvn )...was the same person who did 3 or 4 posts Friday ,regarding how bad cvn looks now at the 4 cent area. ..I havnt been tempted to buy back into cvn since selling in October , that is until this week when I noticed it was back to 4.0 cents...thus I checked the cvn posts on HC Friday arvo, (my sentiment indicator)
    I am not posting this too cause an argument ...but if any of you guys trade exchange traded options ...you will have a better idea than most how great a role sentiment plays in determining price moves , In options trading sentiment is directly quantified via the Implied Volatility factor ...so you get an immediate idea of exactly how fast & how much sentiment can change in a short space of time...& options are just a geared reflection of a stock.
    The point is ...I think sometimes it is worth including sentiment (not too mention Technical analysis as well) ..& not just the fundamentals ...(& sentiment when it comes to small caps is most usefully used as a contrary indicator (imo)..just as Put/Call ratios are usually good contrary sentiment indicators
    Thus I see people writing about why a stock is so good at 8.0 cents (when it has just bounced of a LT resistance line) , & then I return to the forum a couple of months later ...I see the same person posting multiple posts about how bad this stock looks at 4.0 cents ..(I am almost tempted to buy first thing Monday morn on that alone..but I must admit on having a hard look at the chart it could well go to 3.0 cents w/out too much trouble ..but for the record atm..i think it is an accumulate in the 3-4 cent range just as i felt it was a sell back in October as it bounced of that LT resistance line fundamentals)
    For the record ..the last time I posted re cvn (before this thread) was 22May 2002 (check the cvn thread for that post)...that was the day I last bought in at an average of 4.65 cents...I sold in October over several different days ..the last being 22/Oct (which was why I remembered the post I referenced above)...anyway..I thought the point of this game was to buy low & sell high (especially with canines like cvn...buying high on the assumption directors are 100% correct & truthfull when a stock is hitting a LT resistance line is akin to financial suicide (imo) ...anyway it may still be financial suicide here but I will put it back on my watch list only because I believe sometimes the fundamentals seem to get in the way of people buying low & selling high, & sometimes you can make money out of this ..(wether that is the case here remains to be seen & a new share issue sure wouldnt help it )...
    ..But anyone who has read the posts in this thread & that I referenced on 22/October & 22 May ...might appreciate the irony I felt when I read the start of this thread (almost on 22 Feb too) , & it was this irony which prompted me to post this time ..something I rarely have done much of lately here ,..
    I spend most of my analysis time on eto trading ...so small spec trades like cvn I only do as set & forget or no brainer type trades ..where i can get set cheaply..& forget about it until an alert signals the stock has either reached a sell for profit area (for me) or a stop loss limit...& in the absence of new data ..(& usually even if there is new data )..I sell...experience has taught me listening to the charts ( & market sentiment ..especially in the current market)..is usually more profitable than listening to what the directors are saying via asx announcements.
    Anyway ..good trading to ya's.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.005(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $295.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.5¢ 15.5¢ $556.2K 3.435M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 271853 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 468186 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.