DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

I think we are supposed to be mining 3mt/month, we want to see a...

1. 597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    I think we are supposed to be mining 3mt/month, we want to see a figure close to or exceeding 3mt of mined material.

I believe the target milling rate is 250kt a month, say 8,333t/d for a 30 day month. We did 188kt in Feb, but that was only across 23 days for a daily rate of 8,173. We want to see a full month of milling and we want to see a full monthly figure on it's way to 250kt (I believe the design rate is 3mt pa?), I'm not sure was percentage of overall design capacity we should hope for at the moment? I don't think we've had a full month of milling yet due to rain and the bearing failure and maybe programmed down time at one point? Sept was the only month north of 200kt so I think we want a number over 200kt for the month, presuming we get a full month of milling.

We are looking for a sustained concentrate grade at around 40% Cu.

These are VERY rough numbers, and I'm pretty sure we're not looking for the full 36kt Cu in the first year from Boseto, but that would be 7,500t of concentrate per month at a 40% grade. I think a 7,500t concentrate number is a figure on the horizon, not for this month. Feb was the largest production to date at 3,834t, so we want a concentrate tonnage over 4,000 I reckon, they should have had a good crack at the sulphide zone this month and fingers crossed they were able to mill a full month's worth, so we'd want to be well over 4,000t to feel excited. In saying that I've got no idea about the commercial scheduling decisions to blend the lower grade stock pile ore at this point, so maybe they'll push some of that through and the 'blended' concentrate number won't be as exciting. They used some lower grade stock pile last month to produce 277t of concentrate at 39%. If they do this I hope they clearly explain the rationale.

Would really like to hear some input from those in the know on commissioning and those more familiar with the Boseto numbers and targets for this stage of commissioning.

For all the angst DML is causing me, it is really nice to have 'invested' in an explorer many moons ago that managed to locate a commercial deposit in the middle of the scrub and is now pulling that metal out of the ground and selling it each month, with very strong hedging to boot!!

The whole science is mind boggling really, I hope to see management rewarded with some production progress in the near term. Speaking of mind boggling, it's a kick in the guts that SIR can be a billion dollar company solely on drilling results, but that's the game eh, speculate during exploration and get out of dodge during initial production, if only it were that simple!

I'm going the less saavy route and holding through the roller coaster ride. The only thing that could really hurt us is a big sell off in copper and then our shareprice, if that resultas in a breach of lending covenants. Other than that I reckon it's just a cause of holding tight, I'd hate to have leveraged into this one! Again, if anyone has any input of lending covenants re shareprice I'd really like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.