LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

No, but I posted the data from a major Chinese magnet maker...

1. 19,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4969
    No, but I posted the data from a major Chinese magnet maker stating that RE magnets became cost effective with Nd < $80 & Dy < $630 some time back.
    Chinese domestic prices $53 & $337 respectively.

Major issue for ROW suppliers is China have captured 90% of global demand in this sector, as per Lynas's Nov. presentation at Roskill's.

Looking forward the importance of Duncan comes into sharper focus as the availability of Dy is a key determinate of RE magnet availability. OEM's must be confident of supply and price before they are going to design them in and the recent Chinese supply squeeze and resulting price shock has had obvious effect thru the supply chain.

The "HRE" fans are all to keen to knock the "LRE" sector with no real understanding of the economics. Lynas/Duncan/Siemens have the opportunity to make a huge contribution to rebuilding ROW magnet production via the Mt Weld "balanced" suite.

This chart clearly demonstrates the importance of Dy:

Now look at what Lynas has to offer the Siemens JV: 5000tpa Nd/Pr from CLD + 21tpa Dy and a further 5000tpa Nd/Pr from Duncan PLUS 300tpa Dy!!!!!

Do the revenue numbers, $400Mpa Nd/Pr CLD + $400Mpa Nd/Pr Duncan = $800Mpa from "lights" v $200Mpa from Dy "heavies".

The Dy is critical because it means Lynas can "sell", read value add, far higher volumes of Nd/Pr (the key revenue source).

Lynas just needs to get thru the next 12 months or so and demonstrate that it can deal with the Ce/La volumes with a low CoP and established supply chains.

BTW, the other half of the CREO suite, Eu, Tb & Y is almost equally well balanced to phosphors & Rhodia is one of the world's largest suppliers. Expect more to happen there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.