HVN 8.30% $4.20 harvey norman holdings limited

@reggiemiller.i hold as i actually have faith in the company,...

1. 2,182 Posts.
    @reggiemiller.
    i hold as i actually have faith in the company, but they need to address the issues oversease and realise that the days of easy money formaus markets are gone and will remain gone for an extended period of time.
    all i have seen though recently is wasteful use of company monies, buying the rick hart and clive peters stores natioanlly when the whole economy can see the crunch coming straight at retailers is just a ludicrous investment. what is the logic of a board that does such a mad thing.
    and why???i can only pnder they are all to scared to say NO..... and capitulate with waht ever Gerry of katie wants

as for my profit forcasts for HVN??? well i hope they are in profit, but my gut feeling is they wil actually post a loss in Q3 and Q4 of fiscal 2011/12. showing a loss of approx 6% year on year

as for the re valuing of the property portfolio.. and thanks for the suggestion about asking Gerry. but, probably never going to happen even if all independent shareholders demanded it.
    but in my understanding, all properties, except the Perth office space segment are down in value..
    heres some supporting documentation from NAb on the sector

http://www.nab.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/4464a580492683e2b3f5f3db95dab4ae/CommercialPropertySurvey_Sep2011.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=4464a580492683e2b3f5f3db95dab4ae

as you can see, values down and rental returns are down...
    this is the sort adjustment needed on the bottom line,
    otherwise its a case of complicity in ignoring shrinking asset values, and that would be akin to an Enron style manipulation of accounting proceedures. not at all helpful to assure investors of the actual worth of the company they have invested in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.20
Change
-0.380(8.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.233B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.53 $4.54 $4.19 $29.60M 6.940M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2948 $4.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.21 56235 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.