HVN 0.41% $4.84 harvey norman holdings limited

profit downgrade for jb affects hvn?, page-3

1. 2,182 Posts.
    roeroc.. are you kidding me, the assets you tlak of are not valued at correct market value anymore than the majority of real commercial real estate in this country...
    a world slow down, china coming off teh boil and you'll suddenly be lucky to see any equity in their holding here, on top of that,0 massive exposure to europe... through Ireland and slovenia...
    if you think Harveys are better placed than JB, then you are sadly mistaken i fear.
    JB are renters, thats a bonus in a downwrd retail spiral as thay they can drive a rent down in a hard market.
    Harvey on the other hand would have to show a massive one off write down in the worst financial crisis in 80+ years... ( been warning of this for over 18mnths now ) you think HVN are going to 'muddle' through just cause they have in the past??
    They have already been shown to be archaeic in their attitude and respinces to retailing in the modern environment with modern thinking competition more able to adjust....
    Their business model does not work, they centralised all cpntrol away form the individual franchisees who could adapt quickly enough to specific markets and demographics, which gave tehm the edge in being rellevant to their cutomers and offering service
    Now they've got bigger, and in an effort to appease shareholders, (while at the same time acting like a privte company on board decisions and treating shareholders with derision...) they now try and run it all with bean counters and yes men who rubber stamp everything casue no one has any spiune to say
    hang on big Gezza.. why are we doing......
    takeover target would be the best hope for this lame duck company...
    nothing to look forwards to ion coming months years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.