VMT 4.35% 12.0¢ vmoto limited

Foot, in the 9 months to Sept net cash went from $18.6m to $26m...

1. 2,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    Foot, in the 9 months to Sept net cash went from $18.6m to $26m and increasing. That is up $7.4m The previous year cash position improved by $3.6m.
    A 1c annual div would cost less than $3m. That would be a yield of 2.5%. Personally I dislike companies just accumulating money. It's so easy to squander it on all sorts of junkets. Give back to shareholders and they will be more inclined to look at SPP and entitlement offers favoruably if money is then needed for any strategic deal. *****

Brown, big difference between compulsory quarterlies with defined figures disclosed and market updates which can include only generalities within limits.

***** Have a detailed look at how some companies react when they have cash. Say a company raises a few $m. Look at Staff and admin and corporate costs, For the first few quarters these can be high, then money becomes scarcer they succeed and do the same admin work etc, a lot cheaper till they raise more money and then they squander it again. I'm not naming any company but there are many that fit that description. I'm not saying VMT will deliberately do that just that when money is coming in it is so easy to be careless with it. I have heard many stories of huge wastages with the likes of BHP and FMG during the boom in iron ore. I did a little seismic work during the late 70s oil boom, Money didn't matter, it was wasted, but when the oil price started coming down we could do the same with much less. Just human nature*****

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.005(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $48.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 12.0¢ $4.225K 35.20K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 36795 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 205389 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.46am 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.