APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Profit taking, page-249

1. 323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 152
    I disagree with you to a degree.
    Sure caution should be exercised buying at very high prices
    But for high quality companies you can miss them entirely if waiting for a “good price”.
    But certainly take into account timing to a degree, hence my ongoing advice:

If you identify and want a great company, yes buy it no matter the price. But... if both it is very high, as well as macroeconomic cycles suggesting a reversal or market correction is imminent, yes exercise some restraint. So in these situations i suggest buy half your intended stake so you are at least invested if your either wrong, or the SP rises 500% more before the market cycle turns.

Then invest your second half when the SP either doubles, or retraces significantly on sentiment and market correction rather than a company fundamental change.

When to sell it? Never on a predicted market correction or sky rocketing price, as per all the reasons in previous posts.

I know your convinced on a Jan 20 correction (Thursday 17th at 3.47!! ), given the man you follow, but I’m still not going to risk following anyone.

Just stick to common sense, 80-100% in when markets are historically very depressed, down to 50% to 70% when markets are very frothy. But not buy selling great stocks, simply by building cash from work income and dividends and the odd share you sell as it’s fundamentals havd changed, storing this cash for the eventual correction that will highly likely come far after you predict.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Karcus: 01/05/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.