JUM unknown

profit upgrade announced, page-41

1. 1,042 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    re: stabilising unfortunately, or fortunately due to its negative social consequenses, online games of chance gambling in Australia is illegal. Online gambling is allowed for sports eg. Centrebet, but is regulated by the state governments.

I doubt, even if it were legal in Australia, it would impact JUM's figures much as the big centres are US and Europe where JUM is established (via GLO). Asia is also a lucrative centre they'd have their eye on due to its potential but no announcements have been made in regards to establishing there bar they are looking.

A new venture is their Betexware betting exchange software www.betexware.com and this has big potential in Australia (and worldwide) but it faces serious competition from Newscorp and the other established players. I believe their goal with this is to license out sub licenses all over the world and clip fees from its use in some form, not sure if they'll actually run their own betting exchange themselves or just be the licensor.

Online gambling has a huge growth curve and its potential, even if you just corner a small % of the market, is enormous. For a small cap like JUM it could rapidly become a major earner and even overtake its current core business as its main profit centre. JUM has over 300,000 unique buyers so far in it's core business, so cross promototing JUM's client base to Betexware and GLO's client bases could give the gambling side a huge start.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JUM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.